Top of the world
Gokyo Lake Trek - in 7 days
The Gokyo Lake is very beautiful lake located in Nepal as the water is a blue and green it is one of the most memorable sights in Nepal. They combine the highest freshwater lake system in the world. At 4750 meters or around 16000 ft.
The Gokyo Lake trek is one of the bucket list treks from 3 treks in Nepal, the first one is Everest Base Camp next is Gokyo Lake and then three passes trek. If you like to be in little quite place, I recommend you the best choice is Gokyo lake.
- Stand at the shores of a glaciate mountains.
- Climb up to see the sunrise / sunset at Gokyo Ri
- Not much people as Everest Base Camp
- The most beautiful view of the 3 popular treks in Nepal
Best season to visit
The best times to do trek is around Spring season (March - May) and Autumn Season (September - November ). In these moment the weather is likely to be clear, and temperatures warm. However, do not forget to prepare some stuff for protect you from the dry dust.
My trip itinerary
My trek starts from Phaplu to Gokyo Lake and back to Paplu in 7 days. How is possible? You will see!
Day 01 - From Phaplu to Tokyo Lake by helicopter
Day 02 - From Gokyo Lake to Dole
Day 03 - From Dole to Namche Bazaar
Day 04 - From Namche Bazaar to Phakding
Day 05 - From Phakding to Lukla
Day 06 - From Lukla to Bupsa
Day 07 - From Bupsa to Phaplu
Trick for trip
- Garlic is the best medicine for the trip! It will help you feel better when you climb up high.
- Don’t forget to pay for entrance fee!
- You need a TIMS and Sagarmatha National Park permit.
- TIMS permit: $10 (2000 NPR) per person include tax
- Sagarmatha National Park permit: $30 (3390NPR) per person include tax
"once in life you need to climb the mountain in Nepal"